When you begin a free sample import with Import2, we will automatically migrate all of the fields that are standard between your two tools. If you also have custom fields (also called "user defined fields"), there are a few additional steps you will need to take:
- Ensure that all of your custom fields are created in your new tool. Import2 does not create custom fields during the import process.
- Contact us via chat to let us know you have custom fields to map.
- We will send you a custom field mapping spreadsheet to fill out. You will need to provide us with the object name (i.e. Account, Contact, Deal, Ticket, etc.), the field name in your source tool, and the field name in your destination tool. Any custom fields which you do not include here will not be mapped.
- When you have completed the spreadsheet, please send that back to us so that we can review to ensure your requirements are clear. If we have any questions, we will be in touch!
- After payment, we will revert the original sample and start a new sample with the additional custom field mappings applied, so that you may review and check that everything is working as expected.
- If you are satisfied with the results, let us know and we can initiate the full migration for you! If you have a question about how the mappings turned out, just reach out to us and we can review together.