Please note, the list of all fields you can map is far greater, and can be found in the mappings step during your import.
If you have any questions on a particular mapping, feel free to chat with us and we can walk you through it!
1. Title is an open text field, so you can import any value you want to appear here. Please note, this field is required to import Articles into Zendesk!
2. Body is an open text field, so you can import any value you want to appear here.
3. Section is a lookup field, meaning that it refers to a section that is already configured in your Zendesk account. You'll want to ensure you have value(s) in your CSV column here which correspond to a valid section which exists in your Zendesk account. Please note, this field is required to import Articles into Zendesk!
4. Open for comments is an example of a true/false (i.e. "yes" or "no") field. You need to indicate true or false in your CSV column in order for this field to be mapped correctly.
5. Author is a lookup field, which means that it will look at the actual agents that exist in your Zendesk account. You must have the agent setup prior, and you should have their identifying information in your CSV file (like email address, or name) which matches what is in Zendesk, in order for the mapping to work.
6. Labels is an example of a multi-picklist field. Separate the values by a semi-colon (";") to import correctly.